Roles and responsibilities for SLE deployment
The School Support Coordinator will:
• Receive the initial request for support
• Identify a short list of suitable SLEs for the deployment and share this with the Headteacher of the receiving school
• Contact the Headteacher of the SLE’s home school to agree the deployment
• Liaise with the SLE’s Teaching School to establish the deployment plan and discuss funding
• Collate evaluation reports and provide a summary evaluation for the ESTSN, Primary and Secondary Boards.
The SLE will:
• Coordinate the completion of the deployment agreement
• Provide the outreach work detailed in the agreement
• Work to improve teaching and learning in order to raise standards and enable vulnerable children to meet age related expectations
• Fill in the Record of Visit form and email it to the School Support Co-ordinator for distribution within 5 working days of the visit.
• Complete an evaluation form at the end of deployment and send to the administrative co-ordinator for distribution.
The Headteacher of the SLE’s home school will:
• Agree to release the SLE for the duration of support detailed in this agreement
• Agree to the funding model
The Headteacher of the receiving school will:
• Agree the priorities and impact measures for the deployment
• Agree to the funding arrangements
• Provide the SLE with a range of relevant documentation which will support him/her in understanding the context of the school and its leadership, where agreed
• Work in partnership with the SLE to produce an evaluation report
The Teaching School will:
• Lead on the quality assurance of SLE support
• Lead on the evaluation of impact and collation of evidence